Saturday, June 15, 2024

ARDA - Chapter 70 - Stop Dreaming

 Say hurtful words without mercy.

Jiang Ning listened quietly, with a calm expression.

Jiang Minglan pursed his lips and a hint of hesitation flashed across his face when he finished speaking, “Of course I won't take your fabric for nothing, I'll give you silver ......” 

Jiang Ning smiled faintly, with a hint of coldness in her smile, "This is a piece of fabric given to me by a friend. Money can't buy it, so I won't sell it."

"You..." Jiang Minglan stared, he was willing to give her money, why didn't she sell it? 

He was so angry that he wanted to throw up his sleeves and leave, but this was the last Cloud brocade cloth.

Jiang Minglan gritted her teeth and said, "How do you want to sell it to me? Make a price!"

Jiang Ning couldn't help but shake her head. He was so arrogant that he thought everything could be settled with money.

"I'm not selling it."

Hearing Jiang Ning's refusal, Jiang Minglan became angry and turned red, "Jiang Ning, what on earth do you want to do!"

Jiang Ning originally wanted to be angry with him. Who told him to be arrogant and not polite at all, but when he saw his face turned red with anger, her mind moved slightly, "Do you really want this piece of cloth?"

Jiang Minglan nodded.

That's nonsense! If he hadn't really wanted to buy this cloth, why would he have stayed here?

"I can give it to you." Jiang Ning said lightly, raising the corners of her lips. No matter how you looked at the smile, she looked sinister, and a light flashed deep in her eyes.

"You, you said you wanted to give me this piece of cloth?" Jiang Minglan's eyes were full of doubt and disbelief.

"Yes." Jiang Ning nodded.

Jiang Minglan became more vigilant. There must be something weird about this bad woman agreeing so readily.

Jiang Ning saw the doubt in Jiang Minglan's eyes and said calmly, "If you don't want it, forget it. Weilan gave this to me. I'll take it back and make two sets of clothes..."

"Wait! I want it!" Jiang Minglan said anxiously.

Jiang Ning raised the corners of her lips slightly. "Then, what will the third young master give me in exchange for the Cloud brocade cloth?"

Jiang Minglan couldn't help but widen his eyes. This bad woman really had sinister thoughts.

He clenched his fists as if he had made up his mind, "What do you want?"

Jiang Ning looked at Cloud brocade cloth, stretched out her hand, and stroked it gently, "There are only two pieces of Cloud brocade left in the entire capital. Their value is immeasurable. It's not cheap to buy them."

"How much do you want?" Jiang Minglan mentally calculated his personal money and found that he should be able to afford these two pieces of cloth.

Jiang Ning looked at the Cloud brocade cloth and seemed to be thinking about how much price to offer.

Jiang Minglan clenched his fists tighter and couldn't help but become nervous. What if this bad woman offered a sky-high price?

After a moment, Jiang Ning turned back and looked at Jiang Minglan, "This Cloud brocade cloth has a price but no market. I can't offer you a price. Why not... let's exchange it for one favor from the third young master."

"A favor?" Jiang Minglan was surprised.

"Yes, a favor." Jiang Ning smiled lightly, her eyes darkened, and no one could guess what she was thinking, "When I think of something, I will put forward a request to the third young master, and the third young master must fulfill it."

Jiang Minglan frowned and subconsciously retorted, "No! What if you ask me to kill people, set fire to them, or ask for ten thousand taels of gold? How can I do it?"

"Could it be that the Third Young Master has forgotten that I am also a member of the Marquis Mansion? If you bear the reputation of killing someone, you will also discredit me." Jiang Ning said calmly.

Jiang Minglan thought about it and found that it was indeed the case.

Then he suddenly remembered something, his face darkened, and he looked at Jiang Ning coldly, "Wait a minute, you're not telling me to stay away from the second sister or something? I'm telling you, stop dreaming!"

Jiang Ning narrowed her eyes slightly, "Why would I do that? What good would it do me to keep you away from Jiang Mengyue? I might as well ask for money." Her words has genuine disdain.

Seeing Jiang Ning's indifferent expression, Jiang Minglan couldn't help but frown, feeling strange in his heart.

Jiang Ning used the Cloud brocade cloth to ask for a favor, wasn't it because she wanted to get closer to him...


🐇♡🐇♡🐇♡🐇



PREVIOUS            NEXT



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow the Rabbit