Wednesday, December 27, 2023

ARDA - Chapter 54 - Token of Love

 Jiang Ning raised her face, her eyes were slightly red. She was originally cold and indifferent, but when she shed tears, she looked like a porcelain doll that was about to break, which made people feel sad.

"Sister, why are you slandering me? When did I tell you that Mr. Xu sent me back?"

"You obviously said that." For some reason, Jiang Mengyue's heart beat rapidly, and she suddenly had a bad feeling. She had never seen Jiang Ning like this before.

Jiang Ning bit her lower lip lightly, "I said that a young master sent me back, but I didn't say it was Mr. Xu."

Jiang Mengyue's heart beat even harder. Looking back now, Jiang Ning didn't seem to say that Xu Yuanqing sent her back, but her cheeks were slightly red and she shyly said that a young master sent her back.

Of course, she wanted it to be Xu Yuanqing.

Because she was the one who tipped off Xu Yuanqing and asked him to meet Jiang Ning.

Marquis Jiang frowned slightly and asked in a cold voice, "Then who is the person who sent you back?"

Jiang Ning looked a little troubled, but finally said truthfully, "It's Young Master Chu."

"If father doesn't believe it, send someone to the Chu family to inquire. At that time, Young Master Chu sent me back and gave me a bottle of ointment for bruises."

"What?"

Everyone in the hall was shocked.

In the capital, there is only one famous Chu family, and Chu Yunli is a household name.

Chu Yunli is the only direct grandson of General Chu, and the queen's nephew, with a distinguished status.

Marquis Jiang was a little surprised, "The person who sent you back...is it Chu Yunli?"

"Yes." Jiang Ning nodded.

Marquis Jiang's expression suddenly became strange, and he looked at Jiang Ning with a more thoughtful look.

Jiang Mengyue had a look of astonishment on her face and her eyes widened. How could it be possible? How could Jiang Ning meet Young Master Chu? 

At this time, Chun Lan happened to run back in a hurry with ointment for bruises, "Master, Miss did not lie. This was the ointment given by Master Chu at that time."

Marquis Jiang saw the porcelain bottle of ointment with the royal seal printed on it. It was the ointment used in the palace, and he immediately trusted it.

Jiang Ning's tone was a little aggrieved, and she said with a downcast face, "Father, I didn't lie... I don't know why my sister and Mr. Xu wanted to slander me..."

Marquis Jiang's face turned cold and he looked at Jiang Mengyue with some suspicion.

Jiang Mengyue suddenly panicked, "I..."

How could things come to this?

Jiang Ning clearly met Xu Yuanqing, how could she get rid of it...

Jiang Mengyue was in a state of confusion, her mind was in a mess, and she didn't know how to defend herself for a moment.

At this time, Jiang Ning raised her face and said softly, "Mr. Xu, I have never met you, why do you want to slander me? And you said that I gave you a sum of money and said that I appreciate your talent..."

She kneaded the handkerchief and bit her lower lip, "I first came to the capital not long ago. I only have some scattered silver given by my mother to buy jewelry. Where can I get silver to give you?"

She looked aggrieved and embarrassed.

Madam Lin reacted and felt distressed when she saw Jiang Ning's strained appearance.

"Yes! Where did Ning Ning get the money? I gave her some broken silver and asked her to play with Miss Jin..." Mrs. Lin's heart hurt. She was negligent and only focused on preparing clothes for her daughter. 

At the same time, she secretly thought that she would send money over soon.

Marquis Jiang heard Lin's words and felt that they made sense. Jiang Ning was brought over from the countryside, so how could she have money on her.

At the same time, the eyes looking at Xu Yuanqing were even colder.

This man is full of lies and I really misjudged him.

Xu Yuanqing's spine felt chilly and he was covered in cold sweat. He was really suffering and couldn't explain it. He clearly saw Miss Jiang spending money without batting an eyelid. She bought a 200-tael inkstone directly. How could she have no money?

"Lord Marquis, everything I said is true..."

"Mr. Xu, I have no enmity with you, why do you keep slandering me?" Jiang Ning's words were aggrieved.

"Miss Jiang..." Xu Yuanqing opened his mouth and was about to speak.

Marquis Jiang's eyebrows were cold, "That's enough! Xu Yuanqing, the Marquis Mansion can't tolerate you anymore, and this capital can't tolerate you either!"

Xu Yuanqing's face turned pale and his legs and feet became weak.

"Lord Marquis..." He didn't know why things turned out like this. Miss Jiang was obviously interested in him and was shy and smiling. Why... why did it turn out like this?

Xu Yuanqing was in a panic and wanted to defend himself. At this moment, he remembered something.

That’s right! He still has that thing!

That thing will definitely prove what he said. Although Miss Jiang dropped it accidentally, he doesn't care about it anymore.

Xu Yuanqing gritted his teeth and said, "Lord Marquis, I have a love token given to me by Miss Jiang!"



πŸ‡♡πŸ‡♡πŸ‡♡πŸ‡



PREVIOUS            NEXT


1 comment:

  1. Hahaha he has fallen into the trap…. Love our heroine

    ReplyDelete

Follow the Rabbit