Thursday, September 26, 2024

ARDA - Chapter 176 - Self-motivated

 Yan Ruoxi walked over slowly, dressed in white clothes, her figure was delicate and frail, and the white color was alluring.

"I heard that it was Miss Jiang who cured the poison from Brother Chu?"

"Juemingsan is a strange poison in the world. If you don't detoxify it within a day after being poisoned, you will die from the poison. Even my master is not completely sure of the detoxification. How did Miss Jiang detoxify it?"

Yan Ruoxi smiled slightly, with curiosity in her eyes.

Jiang Ning couldn't help but sigh when she saw the person in front of her. She was truly a beauty.

"My teachers' medical knowledge are not allowed to be passed on to outsiders," she replied.

Yan Ruoxi pursed her lips, "Who is Miss Jiang's master? I never expected that there would be such a skilled doctor in the capital..."

"My master lives in seclusion in an alley and likes peace and quiet, so I can't tell you."

Jiang Ning replied calmly that she was not deliberately targeting Yan Ruoxi, but she did not want to trouble Grandpa Xue because of her.

She helped Chu Yunli detoxify, which was equivalent to provoking the people who assassinated Chu Yunli behind the scenes. Those people would probably hold a grudge and come to kill her.

She is a young lady from the Marquis Mansion, and she is being protected by Chu Yunli's secret guards. She will be fine. Grandpa Xue's family, one old and one young, is likely to have trouble.

Yan Ruoxi's face froze and she couldn't keep the smile on her face.

This woman must have done it on purpose.

Yan Ruoxi's perfect face was about to collapse, and she managed to maintain her smile. "I'm rude. I shouldn't ask these questions. How could the master's secret skills be revealed?"

Jiang Ning nodded slightly, "Is there anything else, Miss Yan?"

Yan Ruoxi clenched the handkerchief tightly under her sleeves and bit her lower lip.

Finally, he said, "How did Miss Jiang meet Brother Chu? How could she... detoxify Brother Chu?"

Jiang Ning thought about it. She and Chu Yunli first met during a dangerous pursuit. This matter is related to her life experience. She couldn't tell all the past, so she said, "We got to know each other after some time."

"I am detoxifying Lord Chu because I happen to be a doctor. How can a doctor watch a patient die from the poison?"

Yan Ruoxi's face froze and she clenched the veil tightly, almost poking a hole in it.

Jiang Ning sighed inwardly. She definitely didn't mean to deal with Miss Yan, but what Miss Yan asked... she couldn't even answer.

People who didn't know thought she was deliberately neglecting Miss Yan.

Yan Ruoxi lowered her face and tugged at her handkerchief.

Then he raised his face and said, "Miss Jiang, don't get me wrong, I don't mean anything else... Brother Chu and I have known each other for a long time. This time I heard that Brother Chu was poisoned, so I came all the way to the capital. I didn't expect that the poison had been resolved." 

"I asked a few more questions out of curiosity. I definitely didn't mean to offend Miss Jiang."

Jiang Ning nodded, indicating that she did not misunderstand.

Yan Ruoxi saw that Jiang Ning's face was calm. Even after hearing about the fact that she and Brother Chu had known each other for many years, Yan Ruoxi couldn't help but frown and felt puzzled.

Jiang Ning said, "Miss Yan, is there anything else? I have something urgent to do and I have to go back first."

Jiang Ning was really anxious to return to the Marquis Mansion.

Her mother is still waiting for her, and she is definitely still worried.

Yan Ruoxi felt embarrassed, but it seemed like she was dragging her to prevent her from leaving, "Ms. Jiang, go slowly."

After Jiang Ning left, Yan Ruoxi returned to the room and she was finally let in this time.

Chu Yunli was already dressed and reading official documents.

Yan Ruoxi walked in and said, "Brother Chu, how are you feeling? Are you feeling better?"

"Yes." Chu Yunli responded lightly.

Yan Ruoxi pursed her lips. She always felt that Brother Chu was a little cold to him. Is it because of Miss Jiang? 

"Brother Chu, just let me do things like changing the dressing. It's better to let someone you trust do it." She smiled slightly.

Chu Yunli said calmly, "Miss Jiang saved my life, so I naturally trust her."

"No, that's not what I mean... I mean, it's better to let someone who is at ease do it. Brother Chu, you know what I'm thinking, and I will never harm you."

Anyone with a discerning eye can see Yan Ruoxi's thoughts.

Even Yuan Feng could tell that Miss Yan was interested in his master.

It's just that the Lord is deliberately ruthless. There is absolutely no Miss Yan in his heart. On the contrary, he treats Miss Jiang differently. It was the first time he has seen the master smile at a woman.

Chu Yunli put down the official document and said, "Miss Yan is a disciple of Divine Doctor Ye. She has strong medical skills. She should have many things to do, so there is no need to worry about me."

"Brother Chu..."

Chu Yunli's words of rejection were cold and ruthless, almost blunt.

Yan Ruoxi's eyes turned red and she was about to shed tears, "Brother Chu, I studied medicine for many years for you, and I want to help you..."

Chu Yunli thought of Jiang Ning. Jiang Ning studied medicine to save people. No matter who he was, even if he was an unrelated person, as long as she saw him in need, she would help.

She has obviously been treated coldly, but she still retains kindness in her heart.

She is so gentle that it makes people feel distressed.

Chu Yunli's expression softened.

Yan Ruoxi saw the change in Chu Yunli's expression, and her thoughts moved, and she said softly, "Brother Chu, please let me stay by your side. My medical skills will definitely be useful."

Chu Yunli came back from his contemplation and his face returned to a cold expression.

He didn't like to delay, so he said bluntly, "Ms. Yan, I told you as early as five years ago that rescuing you at that time was just a matter of convenience. When I happened to pass by, I saw the the Grand Tutor's convoy is in danger, so I rescued you."

"The master already thanked me back then, so you don't need to repay me anymore."

Yan Ruoxi's body trembled and she was greatly shocked. Chu Yunli's ruthless rejection made her sad and lost.

"Brother Chu, I want to repay you..."

When she was traveling, she was targeted, robbed, and almost kidnapped by bandits. At that moment, Chu Yunli descended like a god, killed all the bandits, and rescued her.

Her heart and eyes were full of the heroic him.

She swore in her heart that she would marry him in this life.

She tried her best to learn music, chess, calligraphy and painting, became a talented girl in the capital, became a disciple of Dr. Ye, and learned medical skills, all because of him, she wanted to become someone worthy of him.

But now...

Brother Chu doesn't want her anymore.

Chu Yunli said coldly, "Miss Yan, there is no need."

Yan Ruoxi's eyes were red and tears fell. She couldn't help it and turned around and ran out.

Yuan Feng outside the door was about to walk in to report the incident when he almost bumped into Yan Ruoxi who ran out, "Miss Yan, are you okay?"

Yan Ruoxi's face was covered with tears, falling down like broken beads.

"Miss Yan..." Yuan Feng was startled.

Yan Ruoxi covered her face and ran away.

Yuan Feng walked into the room and looked at his indifferent master. He didn't know what to say. Finally, he suppressed all his thoughts and said, "Sir, a letter came from Cheng Li. The matter over there has been settled. He will return to the capital in a few days. 

Chu Yunli's face moved slightly and he nodded, "I understand."





πŸ‡♡πŸ‡♡πŸ‡♡πŸ‡


PREVIOUS            NEXT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow the Rabbit